Protein Hot Cross Buns
Looking for a high protein, quick and easy homemade hot cross bun recipe? With only 4 ingredients this recipe is suited to all ages and a great activity to do with the kids! A delicious breakfast or snack, packed with flavour.
1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour (plus extra for kneading dough)
2 tsp ground cinnamon 1
⁄4 cup choc chips or dried fruit of choice
1 cup Yo Pro Vanilla Yoghurt
1 egg beaten (optional)
1/3 cup icing sugar 1 tbsp hot water (more or less depending on consistency)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Line a flat tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl add flour cinnamon, choc chips and mix together
- Add in the yoghurt and mix until dough starts to form
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured flat surface and knead until the dough stops crumbling
- Divide into 7 equal portions and evenly spread onto baking tray
- Brush the top with egg wash (optional)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack before icing
- To make icing, mix icing sugar and water slowly until a smooth glue like consistency is reached and drizzle over the buns.